Welcome to Improvement District 9! Do you wonder what it is really like to live here? It is beautiful, full of opportunity and absolutely life changing. Life in Banff National Park can be whatever you want it to be, but it is not without its challenges:
- You will be living within a National Park, which is a blessing but comes with its own unique challenges.
- Accommodation is 100% dependent on employment.
- Few landlords allow pets.
- You will most likely be sharing your accommodation with several others.
- Work can slow down during the shoulder seasons.
- You will see wildlife. Be respectful and learn what to do in an encounter.
- You will likely need to go into Banff or Canmore for bigger shopping trips, however there is transit available if you do not have a car or would like to reduce your footprint! There are also a number of wonderful shops right in Lake Louise!
ID9 is welcoming to families and people of all backgrounds.